A manufacturer of energy-consuming tools must declare the characteristics of what they produce. To meet this regulatory requirement EKR uses EKR Eprel.
Since March 1, 2021, the legislation that imposes the new Energy Labels comes into force.
If you are not up to date with your basic and derivative models, rely on EKR’s proven solution.
The European Commission requires manufacturers of energy-consuming instruments to be compliant with a given regulation: in this regard, the manufacturer must declare the characteristics of what it produces and its level of efficiency, which is combined with an energy class that allows the user to compare products.
Even companies that produce non-mass goods are required to adapt to this legislation and therefore to compare their technical data with the various producers; the European body then certifies that a given product has a more or less convenient energy class than the others.
To allow manufacturers to assign the correct energy class to products, it is necessary to manage a very large set of information that must be sent to the systems of Eurovent, the association of manufacturers of air conditioning and industrial refrigeration systems.
Once the information has been submitted to their systems, the energy class is established and producers are assigned a QR code or an image that allows them to declare that the products are part of a given energy category.
The EKR Eprel module allows you to use EKR Orchestra data to meet this regulatory and industrial need.
Products affected by the new Regulations
Freezers for ice cream and display cases for bulk ice cream
Supermarket refrigerated cabinets and / or freezers
What information is shown on the new energy label?
Take for example the new label for refrigeration appliances with a direct sales function and see what it exhibits:
I. QR code;
II. brand or name of the supplier;
III. supplier model identifier;
IV. scale of energy efficiency classes from A to G;
V. energy efficiency class;
YOU. annual energy consumption (AE) in kWh per year, rounded to the nearest integer;
VII. for refrigerated vending machines: sum of the net volumes of all compartments at operating temperatures for refrigeration, expressed in liters (l) and rounded to the nearest integer; etc.
VIII. for refrigeration appliances with a direct sales function where all compartments at operating temperature for refrigeration are in the same temperature class, with the exception of refrigerated vending machines:
– temperature in the upper part: the maximum temperature of the hottest M package in the compartment or compartments at operating temperatures for refrigeration, in degrees Celsius (° C) and rounded to the nearest integer, etc.
– temperature in the lower part: the minimum temperature of the coldest M package in the compartment or compartments at operating temperatures for refrigeration, in degrees Celsius (° C) and rounded to the nearest integer, etc.
IX. for all refrigeration appliances with a direct sales function, except vending machines: sum of the display areas at operating temperatures for freezing, expressed in square meters (m2) and rounded to the second decimal place;
X. for refrigeration appliances with a direct sales function where all compartments at operating temperatures for freezing are in the same temperature class, with the exception of refrigerated vending machines:
– temperature in the upper part: the maximum temperature of the hottest M package in the compartment or compartments at operating temperatures for freezing, in degrees Celsius (° C) and rounded to the nearest integer, …
– temperature in the lower part: the minimum temperature of the coldest M package in the compartment or compartments at operating temperatures for freezing, in degrees Celsius (° C) and rounded to the nearest integer, …
XI. the number of the regulation, ie ‘2019/2018’.
An important novelty is the presence of a QR Code that appears directly on the energy label (top right).
The QR Code allows consumers to access additional information with their smartphone. This information is entered by the producers themselves in the Eprel database (European Product Database for Energy Labeling).
Eprel is a registration database in which producers and importers must register all products for which the new energy label is mandatory, including all detailed technical documentation, which can be viewed and downloaded directly from the internet.
To be ready to comply with the directives you need an adequate and flexible PIM platform
The technical problem to be solved and the opportunity: EKR2Eprel
The products we create must now be compliant with the European legislation which came into force on March 1st 2021.
To obtain the energy label it is necessary to be able to provide Eprel’s servers with the necessary information (Energy Efficiency Index, EEI, TDA, TEC, etc.), otherwise we risk not being able to sell the products in Europe.
The laboratory must provide the information and downstream everything must work automatically.
The three business processes – marketing, bidding and manufacturing – must get the labels right without any special effort.
EKR Orchestra with its EKR2Eprel module allows you to bring efficiency to this space and obtain all that the legislation provides, with the great advantage of putting some business processes in order, sometimes not very refined.
The phases of the project
– Definition of the hierarchy tree
– Definition of the label tree
2) Setting the environment
3) Definition of roles and use cases
4) Verification and eventual refinement of existing data structures (configurator)
5) Setting the path that goes from the product hierarchy to the BEM DEMs through the definition of “incomplete models” or the completion logics to be configured
– Definition of the relevant EEI characteristics
– Configuration of BEMs based on the values of the relevant EEI characteristics
– Activation of the collection of EEI relevant data for BEM DEMs (configured clusters)
6) Activation of component enrichment with EEI relevant info
7) Setting of the matching logics
8) Setting up the connection with Eprel in sending and receiving